Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Department: Finance & Accounts
Location: Head Office, Lytham St Annes
Contract Details: Full Time (37.5 hours per week), Permanent
Working Hours: 8am to 4pm Monday to Friday with some flexibility
Salary: £22,000- 25,000 per annum
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a logical, experienced Assistant Accountant to join our Finance Department in our Head Office in Lytham St. Anne's.
As Beaverbrooks’ Assistant Accountant, you will enjoy working within a close-knit team where you will closely support the Finance Manager.
You will support the Finance Manager in the following functions:
- All tasks of the accounts payable function, accurately posting invoices, reconciling supplier statements, contacting suppliers as required. Preparing and reviewing weekly BACS pay runs.
- Responsibility for managing utility invoices and liaising with the Suppliers and Beaverbrook’s Property Department to resolve issues to ensure consistent charging of services provided.
- Involvement in the processing and payment of foreign supplier invoices including completion of intrastat as required.
- Ensuring accurate recording of all income streams flowing through to monthly reconciliations of control accounts.
- Supporting store colleagues with POS and finance enquiries/regulations including IFC, money laundering and customer enquiries.
- Accurate and timely posting to the General Ledger of invoices, expenses, petty cash and company credit card transactions.
- Preparing and posting journal entries.
- Preparation of accruals and prepayments.
- Involvement in month end working papers to facilitate preparation of management accounts.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations resolving all outstanding issues in a timely manner.
- Be responsible for preparing and reviewing the company VAT returns.
- Be responsible for the accounting function of a subsidiary company.
- Assist with cash flow management and reporting.
- General ad hoc duties – Set up vendor accounts, IFC staff sales calculations, Relocation expenditure.
The Ideal Candidate
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven knowledge of bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Previous experience of using accounting software.
- Advanced excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables.
- A problem-solving attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Be proactive and able to manage your own workload which will vary from day to day.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Practical experience of VAT regulations. Awareness of the impact accounting decisions may have on PAYE/NI liabilities.
- Analytical, tenacious, able to engage and challenge at a management level in a professional manner.
- Experience of Navision software is desirable yet not essential.
About the Company
Beaverbrooks is a family-owned jewellery and watch retailer established in 1919 with 70 stores across the UK, providing exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Gucci, Longines, Bremont, Michael Kors and Vivienne Westwood. We were awarded ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2017, and have featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 15 consecutive years – ranking number 11 in 2018.
We place a lot of emphasis on building strong relationships and caring for one another, and we pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities. We give 20 per cent of our post-tax profits to charity and have donated over £11m to over 450 charities since 2000. We also encourage our 900+ colleagues to support time-giving initiatives and all our people are given an amount to donate to charity as a team each year.
The Hallmark of Amazing People