We have a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Assistant Accountant.
Our ideal candidate has a logical, problem-solving attitude and enjoys interrogating systems to resolve complex transactional inconsistencies. You must have excellent communication skills, be proactive and able to manage your own work load which will vary from day to day.
The successful person will be based at our COVID secure office in Lytham St Annes. Following the initial training period, there may be the option to work part of the time remotely.
The Assistant Accountant will support the Finance Manager being involved in the following functions:
- Ensuring accurate recording of all income streams flowing through to monthly reconciliations of control accounts.
- Preparing balance sheet reconciliations resolving all outstanding issues in a timely manner.
- Preparing and reviewing weekly BACS pay runs, CHAPS and cheque payments
- Responsibility for managing utility invoices and liaising with the Suppliers and Beaverbrook’s Property Department to resolve issues to ensure consistent charging of services provided.
- Supporting store colleagues with POS and finance enquiries/regulations including IFC, money laundering and customer enquiries.
- Preparing and posting journal entries.
- All tasks of the accounts payable function, accurately posting invoices, reconciling supplier statements, contacting suppliers as required.
- Involvement in month end working papers to facilitate preparation of management accounts.
- Bank reconciliations
- General ad hoc duties – Set up vendor accounts, IFC staff sales calculations, Relocation expenditure.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven knowledge of double entry bookkeeping and accounting principles, practices, standards, laws and regulations.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the key elements of a balance sheet reconciliation from ledger to third party evidence with robust checks and balances to ensure accuracy, consistency and completeness.
- Demonstrate your ability to interrogate multiple systems to evaluate, investigate, and resolve simple and complex issues in a methodical, structured and focused manner to full resolution.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate your ability to prioritise workload and meet objectives, working independently and as part of a team.
- Exhibit you are an integral part of a small team with a flexible and personable approach.
- Demonstrate ability to build relationships with non-finance personnel and adapt communication technique to bridge any terminology gaps
- Advanced excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables.
- Excellent accounting software user
- Analytical, tenacious, able to engage and challenge at a management level in a professional manner.
- Experience of Navision software is an advantage.
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
Established in 1919 we now have 70 stores across the UK and an ecommerce website, which was launched in 2001. We provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
Awards include ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2020 as well as featuring in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 16 consecutive years – ranking number 9 in 2020. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.
Our purpose is to enrich lives, which simply means making a positive difference to the world we live in. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £15 million to over 750 different charities.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities and in support of this we offer charity matching – you raise it, we match it! You can also take 2 paid charity days per year where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work and take time off to give blood.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Holidays are 28 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays, rising to 33 days the March after completion of 2 years’ service.
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends.
- Healthcare & wellbeing scheme
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Free eye test at every 2 years
- Flu Vaccinations paid for
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Maternity return to work bonus
- Paternity Leave
- Employee & family support & counselling – Retail Trust
- Cycle scheme
If you would like to know more about Beaverbrooks, visit https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/about-us