Job Title: eCommerce Content Editor
Contact: Permanent, 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
Location: Lytham St Annes
Close date: Sunday 9th May
Interview Dates: Monday 17th and Wednesday 19th May
We have an incredible opportunity for someone who loves writing, content and all things digital, and wishes to pursue a creative career in the fast-paced world of eCommerce, to join us here at Beaverbrooks Head Office as eCommerce Content Editor.
Working within the eCommerce Content team, you will be working on the exciting redevelopment of Lyons the Jewellers, a luxury watch and jewellery brand which is now part of the Beaverbrooks family. In your role as Content Editor, you will take ownership for all digital content for the brand’s new website (launching later this year) and supporting copy & content across key channels such as social and email. You will act as tone of voice and language guardian for the brand online, ensuring all digital content delivers against the objectives and pillars of the brand.
If not already, you will become an expert in diamonds, fine jewellery and Swiss watches, ensuring all content published conveys expertise, passion and know-how. You will work with some of the world’s biggest luxury brands, including Rolex, so accuracy, attention to detail and compliance are all vitally important
- You will own the tone of voice for the brand and ensure all written content delivers against the brand guidelines, objectives and key content pillars
- You will be responsible for planning and overseeing all written & digital content features on the website including but not limited to editorial pieces, blog posts, buying & aftercare guides, informational & service content
- Working closely with the eCommerce Content Manager, you will produce the onsite content plan for the brand, generating ideas for new content as well as maintaining existing evergreen content
- You will be the Editor of the blog, leading the planning and writing of all blog posts
- You will input into and closely support the organic social plan, including writing copy, reviewing & signing off content and ensuring branded requirements are being met
- You will work closely with some of the world’s biggest luxury brands, including Rolex, ensuring content aligns with their guidelines and expectations
- You will coordinate landing page content for brands, key category pages and the homepage, writing the copy and briefing the design & content into our digital designers
- You will be responsible for overseeing and producing product descriptions, ensuring they meet brand guidelines
- You will have an in-depth understanding of diamonds, jewellery and watches to ensure that all copy & content is accurate and factually correct (training will be provided)
- You will closely monitor and report on the performance of onsite, blog and organic social content, ensuring the data/ insights are informing future decisions
- You will have a strong understanding of SEO and ensure all site content adheres to SEO best practises, working closely with the Digital Marketing team
- You will be responsible for ensuring the brand is an authoritative voice on the Swiss watch world, delivering rich, informative and super-engaging luxury watch content
The Ideal Candidate
Essential skills & experience
- Ideally educated to degree level in English or similar subject
- Minimum three years’ content and/or copywriting experience
- Exceptional English writing and editing skills
- A strong interest in luxury watches, diamonds and fine jewellery
- A passion for online shopping and industry-leading content
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and consistency
- Ability to excel working towards tight deadlines and in a fast-pace, reactive environment
Desirable skills & experience
- Experience within an eCommerce and/or retail environment
- Experience of social media marketing
- Knowledge of luxury and premium brand behaviour
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
Established in 1919 we now have 72 stores across the UK and an ecommerce website, which was launched in 2001. We provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
Awards include ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2020 as well as featuring in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 17 consecutive years – ranking number 9 in 2020. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.
Our purpose is to enrich lives, which simply means making a positive difference to the world we live in. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £16 million to over 750 different charities.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities and in support of this we offer charity matching – you raise it, we match it! You can also take 2 paid charity days per year where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work and take time off to give blood.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Holidays are 28 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays, rising to 33 days the March after completion of 2 years’ service.
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends.
- Wellbeing scheme
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Free eye test every 2 years
- Flu Vaccinations paid for
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Maternity return to work bonus
- Paternity Leave
- Employee & family support & counselling – Retail Trust
- Cycle scheme
If you would like to know more about Beaverbrooks, visit https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/about-us
The Hallmark of Amazing People