Customer Service Assistant- Web Chat
Job Title: Customer Service Assistant - Web Chat
Location: Beaverbrooks Head Office, Lytham St. Anne's
Contract: Permanent. 37.5 hours per week (excluding breaks). These hours per week are across 7 days, within the department opening hours of 8:30am to 8:30pm/.
Close date: Sunday 11th April
Interview Dates: 15th and 16th April
We now have a fantastic opportunity for someone who shares our passion for delivering exceptional customer experience, to join our customer service team at our Head Office in Lytham St. Annes.
As a Customer Service Assistant, you will be the primary point of contact between our business and our customers. You will support and advise customers, stores and your other colleagues who are placing orders, finding information, returning purchases and making complaints. In doing so you will strive to gain and retain customers by offering a service that enriches people’s lives.
Shift patterns for this role will fall during our department working hours of 8.30am-8.30pm, Monday to Sunday. Shift patterns will be published 4 weeks in advance.
- Provide video web chat support for customers
- Communicate with customers via not only web chat but also phone and email
- Deal with general phone and email enquiries from store colleagues
- Deal with social media and ‘Price Promise’ requests on behalf of the company
The Ideal Candidate
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience of, and passion for, delivering excellent customer service within a retail environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good typing speed and the ability to respond quickly and effectively during text and video chats
- Comfortable on video
- Good rapport building skills
- Empathetic, caring and an active listener
- Strives for 5-star feedback
- Results driven
- Ability to demonstrate strong and objective complaint handling
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of a similar role providing customer support via web chat, telephone, email and letter
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
Established in 1919 we now have 70 stores across the UK and an ecommerce website, which was launched in 2001. We provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
Awards include ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2020 as well as featuring in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 16 consecutive years – ranking number 9 in 2020. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.
Our purpose is to enrich lives, which simply means making a positive difference to the world we live in. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £16 million to over 750 different charities.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities and in support of this we offer charity matching – you raise it, we match it! You can also take 2 paid charity days per year where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work and take time off to give blood.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Holidays are 28 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays, rising to 33 days the March after completion of 2 years’ service.
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends.
- Healthcare & wellbeing scheme
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Free eye test at every 2 years
- Flu Vaccinations paid for
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Maternity return to work bonus
- Paternity Leave
- Employee & family support & counselling – Retail Trust
- Cycle scheme
If you would like to know more about Beaverbrooks, visit https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/about-us