Job Title: Web Fulfilment Dispatch Manager
Location: Lytham St Annes
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000 per annum. Financial support towards relocation can be available for the successful candidate.
An exciting vacancy has arisen for a motivated Web Fulfilment Dispatch Manager to join Beaverbrooks and lead an ever-growing fulfilment operation.
We are proud to have recently achieved the number one position in the prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For list 2021, in addition to being announced as ‘Retail’s Best Company to Work For’. 2021. It’s also our 16th consecutive year of receiving three-star accreditation for ‘world class’ levels of workplace engagement
As Web Fulfilment Dispatch Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of the dispatch operation, leading the Fulfilment team and playing a crucial role in shaping the delivery strategy behind our multiple sales channels.
This role will be focused on servicing our website (beaverbrooks.co.uk) and mail order channels, along with all sales of Beaverbrooks jewellery through Next and The Very Group (Very and Littlewoods). In the role you will be expected to streamline the dispatch operation, continually improving operational efficiency whilst enhancing service levels and minimising costs.
As one of the UK’s best employers, we offer a competitive salary, pension, life cover and private healthcare. We are also willing to offer contribution towards relocation costs.
The hours for this role will fall between the current operational hours of the department, which are 7 days a week 7:30am-10:30pm. Please note that these hours could increase to meet the growing needs of the business. Shift patterns are published 4 weeks in advance.
The role will predominantly involve;
- You will be responsible for ensuring orders are fulfilled within advertised timeframes and to the minimum service level deemed acceptable to the company across all shipping locations, whilst constantly looking for ways to optimise performance and reduce costs.
- You will be expected to own and optimise all carrier relationships, working to build partnerships that support and benefit the business.
- You will ensure carriers and other partners meet the terms outlined in the SLA.
- You will develop and deliver daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting for areas of service, performance, staffing and costs.
- You will implement and maintain stock control procedures to ensure accurate stock levels are always held in relevant stock holding locations.
- You will ensure that procedures conform to both legislation and best practice.
- You will be responsible for resource planning, ensuring that the department is always staffed accordingly and that seasonal peaks are carefully planned.
- You will support your management team (supervisors/assistant manager) in leading day-to-day operations.
- You will collaborate with other operational departments to ensure the fulfilment operation works in unison with the rest of the business.
- You will be required to take ownership for the recruitment, selection, development and wellbeing of the team.
- You will introduce quantitative measures/KPIs to benchmark individual performance and set development goals to consistently improve ROI.
- You will identify and devise short, medium, and long-term strategies for the optimisation and expansion of the fulfilment operation, gaining stakeholder buy-in.
- You will be expected to work with the Head of Audit and Distribution to develop the delivery strategy, introducing new delivery services as required.
All applicable system training will be provided as part of the role.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven experience within a dispatch/fulfilment role (preferably supporting multiple channels)
- Passion for and experience of managing or supervising a team
- Knowledge of order fulfilment systems and warehouse operations
- Proven relevant experience of improving services/processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Highly driven with an enthusiastic and positive approach
- Experience of budget control
- Evidence of devising and implementing cost-saving initiatives
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in resource planning and productivity management.
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
Established in 1919 we now have 72 stores across the UK and an ecommerce website, which was launched in 2001. We provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
As well as achieving the number one position in the prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For list 2021, and ‘Retail’s Best Company to Work For’ 2021, further recognition has also been received at The UK Jewellery Awards where we were awarded Employer of the Year for 2020 and at The Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.
Our purpose is to enrich lives, which simply means making a positive difference to the world we live in. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £16 million to over 750 different charities.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities and in support of this we offer charity matching – you raise it, we match it! You can also take 2 paid charity days per year where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work and take time off to give blood.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Holidays are 28 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays, rising to 33 days the March after completion of 2 years’ service.
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends.
- Private Healthcare
- Wellbeing scheme
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Free eye test at every 2 years
- Flu Vaccinations paid for
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Maternity return to work bonus
- Paternity Leave
- Employee & family support & counselling – Retail Trust
- Cycle scheme
If you would like to know more about Beaverbrooks, visit https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/about-us