Full-Time Stock In Assistant
Job Title: Full-Time Stock In Assistant
Location: Lytham St Annes
Hours: 37.5 hours per week, Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
Contract: Temporary contract from 6th September until 24th December 2021.
Wage: £8.91 per hour
Close date: Friday 30th July
Interviews: w/c 2nd August
We’re excited to share that we are now looking for a Stock In Assistant to join our thriving, busy Beaverbrooks Stock In department. As a Stock In Assistant, you will be a real team player who will support the team in their purpose of ensuring stock in available for our customers to purchase, and is done in the most efficient and cost effective way possible.
This role is to assist with the day-to-day department tasks during our busy period between September and December. This is an active and physical role, involving handling of stock and receiving deliveries of boxes, and will therefore involve some heavy lifting.
We are proud to have recently achieved the number one position in the prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For list 2021, in addition to being announced as ‘Retail’s Best Company to Work For’. 2021. It’s also our 16th consecutive year of receiving three-star accreditation for ‘world class’ levels of workplace engagement
- Assisting with the booking in of stock across the Beaverbrooks product range
- Supporting with invoices and checking costs are correct
- Dealing with the over profile stock from our stores
- Supporting other members of the team as and when required
The Ideal Candidate
Essential skills and experience:
- Good organisational skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to follow set procedures
- Good communication skills
- A team player
- Reliable, with an enthusiastic attitude
Desirable skills and experience:
It is also advantageous if you have:
- Experience of using Microsoft Excel
- Experience of working in a busy work environment
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
Established in 1919 we now have 72 stores across the UK and an ecommerce website, which was launched in 2001. We provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
As well as achieving the number one position in the prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For list 2021, and ‘Retail’s Best Company to Work For’ 2021, further recognition has also been received at The UK Jewellery Awards where we were awarded Employer of the Year for 2020 and at The Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.
Our purpose is to enrich lives, which simply means making a positive difference to the world we live in. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £16 million to over 750 different charities.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities and in support of this we offer charity matching – you raise it, we match it! You can also take 2 paid charity days per year where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work and take time off to give blood.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Holidays are 28 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends.
- Wellbeing scheme
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Free eye test at every 2 years
- Flu Vaccinations paid for
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Maternity return to work bonus
- Paternity Leave
- Employee & family support & counselling – Retail Trust
- Cycle scheme
If you would like to know more about Beaverbrooks, visit https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/about-us