- Job Title: HR Advisor
- Contract type: Full time, permanent contract
- Location: Lytham St Annes – Head Office. Some remote working to be discussed at interview.
- Salary: £24,000 - £27,000 per annum (depending on experience) + excellent benefits and bonus
- Close date: 29th July
As HR Advisor at Beaverbrooks you will be a key member of our growing People Support team (HR Administrator, two HR Advisors and HR Manager) & will join the UK’s #1 100 Best Companies to Work For 2021. You will be an ambassador for our company values, which puts our people at the forefront of all that we do.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a personable HR Advisor, with great relationship building skills as you will play an important role in supporting our 1000+ colleagues, so that each and every individual feels like part of our very special ‘Beaverbrooks Family’.
This exciting and varied role will see you support with everything from generalist HR matters to performance management, attendance, colleague relations and our colleague’s wellbeing. We have separate teams that focus on recruitment, payroll and L&D that you will work closely with.
We are proud of our award winning, values driven, engaging, supportive, people focussed, highly accountable culture and as part of the People Support team you will be pivotal to our ongoing success.
The role will predominantly involve the following:
- Supporting our Beaverbrooks Family with all people related matters.
- Working closely with our People Support Administrator to ensure the HR database is accurately maintained and provide holiday cover for this role.
- Advising, coaching, and guiding our management teams on HR matters.
- Collaborating with line managers and senior managers to ensure a joined-up approach to people matters.
- Working with management teams to prepare and complete all documentation for ER matters.
- Monitoring and reporting on attendance and utilising eternal Occupational Support when needed.
- Predominantly office based with (very) occasional travel to stores for support with ER matters.
- Working with our EAP provider and internal teams on our Wellbeing strategy.
- Producing monthly and quarterly reports for management on people metrics.
- Supporting the People Support manager to ensure we remain legally complaint in our advice, documentation and policies.
- Working alongside our Recruitment, Payroll & Benefits and L&D teams to offer support and guidance with best practice, policies, and procedures
The Ideal Candidate
- Passion for working with people and supporting a great workplace
- Previous HR advisor experience from within a HR team
- Ability to build positive working relationships and establish rapport with people at all levels
- Knowledge of current employment legislation
- Tact and diplomacy and can demonstrate high levels of confidentiality
- Strong communication skills, both written, verbal and face to face
- Ability to work accurately & attention to detail in both numeracy and literacy
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to both prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
- Ability to work using own initiative to resolve problems
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn new systems.
- Previous experience of working within a HR department in the retail sector
- Multisite experience
- CIPD level 3 or higher
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
Having prominently featured in the prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For list for the last 18 years, we’re beyond proud to not only have been awarded the top spot in 2021 but we’re also delighted to share that we’re the only organisation in Best Companies’ history to have been awarded a three-star accreditation for 16 years running- the highest standard, reflecting our ‘world-class’ levels of workplace engagement
Established in 1919 we now have 72 sites across the UK and an ecommerce website, which was launched in 2001. We provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
Our purpose is to enrich lives, which simply means making a positive difference to the world we live in. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £16 million to over 750 different charities.
If you would like to know more about Beaverbrooks, visit https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/about-us