Job Title: HR Assistant
Location: Beaverbrooks Head Office, Lytham St Annes
Contract: 9-14 month maternity cover contract
Hours: 37.5 hours per week. Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
As the HR Assistant your primary focus will be to advise on employee relations issues, giving support to the office and stores as part of our award-winning great workplace.
Working within our small People Support department you will be an ambassador for our company values, which puts our people at the forefront of all that we do. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has a passion for working with people in a supportive, caring and highly accountable role.
The role will predominantly involve the following:
- First line support for all people enquiries, both internal and external
- General administration support to the People Support department including:
- Maintaining HR database and paper-based colleagues records with regards to new starters, change of contract details and personal details
- Daily department post
- Liaising with the People Support Manager & regional teams to send/collate letters and information in a timely and accurate manner, liaising with external support as necessary
- Co-ordinating all pre-employment checks such as right to work checking and permits
- Monitoring and coordinating the review of fixed term and seasonal contracts and working with line managers
- Giving HR advise to line managers
- Managing relationships with key stakeholders in the business
- Tracking of HR metrics such as the Bradford Factor and absence levels
- Producing monthly and quarterly HR reports for management
- Working alongside our recruitment, payroll and L&D teams
The Ideal Candidate
- Passion for working with people and supporting a great workplace
- Previous administrative and some HR advisor experience from within a HR team
- Ability to build positive working relationships and establish rapport with people at all levels
- Knowledge of current employment legislation
- Tact and diplomacy
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of confidentiality
- Strong communication skills, both written, verbal and face to face
- Ability to work accurately & attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to both prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
- Ability to work using own initiative to resolve problems
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and a willingness to learn new systems
- Previous experience of working within a HR department in the retail sector
- Multisite experience
- CIPD level 3 or higher and the ability to demonstrate good basic employment legislation knowledge
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
From the very smallest details to the big important things. You’ll feel it in the warm and familiar way we talk to each other and you’ll feel it in the way we engage with the wider community, too.
As a company – we’re true to our word. When we say we’re going to do something, we go all out to do it. And every individual is truly valued.
Established in 1919 we now have 71 stores across the UK and provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £13 million to over 750 different charities.
We were awarded ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2019 and have featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 16 consecutive years – ranking number 10 in 2019. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2019, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.