Head of Technology
- Head of Technology
- Full time, permanent contract
- Lytham St Annes, Lancashire
- Salary Circa 100k per annum (depending on experience), plus car scheme, excellent profit share, profit bonus, and benefits
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Technology to join our senior management team at our head office in Lytham St Annes.
The Head of Technology will shape the company’s tech strategy, taking responsibility for infrastructure, security, IT operations, integrations, and technical business projects and initiatives (excluding e-commerce and web tech).
In this role, you will be tasked with setting a vision for how technology can be evolved to better meet the needs of the business. This will be achieved by gaining an in-depth understanding of the company’s objectives and challenges, through collaboration with key senior stakeholders.
Working within a fast-paced retail environment, you will be both a strategic thinker as well as someone with hands-on experience. You will be required to be involved in the day-to-day running of key areas, whilst also having the ability to step back and make strategic business decisions. You will also lead and support a team of specialist managers.
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
Established in 1919 we now have 85 locations across the UK, with 64 Beaverbrooks stores plus 18 dedicated brand boutiques including Tag Heuer, OMEGA, Breitling and Tudor. We also have our very successful ecommerce website, which was launched in 2001. We provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
Our purpose is to enrich lives, which simply means making a positive difference to the world we live in. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated £21 million to over 1000 different charities.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities and in support of this we offer charity matching – you raise it, we match it! You can also take 2 paid charity days per year where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work and take time off to give blood.
The awards we’ve been given as an employer speak volumes about what it’s like to work here, some of which are:
- UK's 3rd Best Large Company to Work For – Best Companies 2023 – based on employee feedback (We’ve been in the top 10 for the last 5 years)
- Retail's Best Company to Work For - Best Companies 2023
- 3 star accreditation from Best Companies for the 18th year running, which reflects 'world class' levels of workplace engagement.
- ‘The Happiest Place to Work’, in partnership with Retail Trust, at the Retail Week Awards 2023
Amazing benefits for amazing people
They say you get out what you put in. And, at Beaverbrooks, our people put in so much.
In return, some of the benefits available include:
- Office profit bonus and profit share
- Car allowance
- Outstanding colleague discounts that extend to your family & friends
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare family cover - Bupa
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Maternity return to work bonus
- Free parking
- Wellbeing scheme
- Regular social events
- Bachelors degree in computer science, information technology or a related field.
- MBA preferred but not essential.
- Extensive experience working in a technological role, preferably in the retail sector.
- In-depth knowledge of the Microsoft Technology Stack – Office365/Windows desktop-server/SQL Database-Reporting/Dynamics Navision-BC (ERP and Finance) etc.
- SME for cloud-native technology.
- Exceptional experience leading and inspiring teams.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with stakeholders to understand their needs translating them into technology solutions to meet business objectives.
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history with technology.
- Ability to delegate efficiently.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye towards the future.
Beaverbrooks - The hallmark of amazing people