IT Developer (.NET/ SQL)
Job Title: IT Developer (.NET/ SQL)
Hours: 40 hours per week, 8:30 am - 17:00 pm Monday to Friday
Location: Head Office, Lytham St. Annes, Lancashire
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced IT developer with a technical background to join our IT department here at our Head Office in Lytham St. Annes.
Working with the IT Development & Integration Manager, you will assist in the development and integration of both the in-house applications databases and 3rd party solutions as the business requires. With a strong understanding of how both the core systems work & technical solutions integrate, you will support the team in identifying and resolving issues quickly and efficiently
More specifically, as the IT Developer, you’ll be responsible for:
- Development of our own in-house Point of Sale
- Development of a variety of other solutions also written in-house (e.g. Timesheets and customer surveys)
- Integration and support of data transfer between systems
- Administration of solution databases
- Ensuring solutions are secure and data is protected according to the Company policy
- Documenting process flows and solutions
- Playing a key part in achieving the team objectives, working continuously to deliver efficiencies and lower costs
- Demonstrating a high level of communication, keeping the IT Development & Integration Manager well informed of the status of tasks and providing clear and realistic time scales.
- Adhering to the best working practices as defined by industry standards across all areas of responsibility
- Producing business information using the data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
The Ideal Candidate
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
With experience of developing solutions in Visual Studio .NET with SQL, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Visual Studio .NET Visual Basic and/or C#
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Transact SQL
- Reporting Services
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
The following skills are desirable yet not essential:
- Administration, security and performance analysis of an SQL database
- SSIS – Integration Services
- SSAS – Analysis Services
- Web Services Integration
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
From the very smallest details to the big important things. You’ll feel it in the warm and familiar way we talk to each other and you’ll feel it in the way we engage with the wider community, too.
As a company – we’re true to our word. When we say we’re going to do something, we go all out to do it. And every individual is truly valued.
Established in 1919 we now have 71 stores across the UK and provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £13 million to over 750 different charities.
We were awarded ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2018, and have featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 16 consecutive years – ranking number 10 in 2019. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2019, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.
The Hallmark of Amazing People