Intranet Content Editor and Communications Administrator
Job Title: Intranet Content Editor & Communications Administrator
Location: Lytham St Annes
Contract: Part-Time, 30 hours per week. Working days to be discussed at interview. Please note that the successful candidate will be required to step up to full time (37.5 hours per week) to suit business needs.
Salary: £20,000 - £21,500 per annum pro rata
Close date: Sunday 17th October
Interviews: Wednesday 20th October
We now have an exciting new opportunity for a strong communicator with a creative flair and great eye for detail, to join our fast-paced Communications team as Intranet Content Editor and Communications Administrator.
As Beaverbrooks Intranet Content Editor and Communications Administrator, you will support the existing team in the important work they do in delivering dynamic communications across the business. You will be required to manage an exciting but varied workload and will demonstrate great organisational skills and an aptitude to learn.
We are proud to have recently achieved the number one position in the prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For list 2021, in addition to being announced as ‘Retail’s Best Company to Work For’ 2021. It’s also our 16th consecutive year of receiving three-star accreditation for ‘world class’ levels of workplace engagement.
Please note that this role is based at our Head Office in Lytham St Annes.
As the Intranet Content Editor and Communications Administrator, you will:
- Be the first point of contact for our Intranet and will be responsible for maintaining and developing all Intranet content, working closely with other office departments.
- Be responsible for creating and delivering our daily and weekly company news.
- Create quarterly business-wide engagement surveys and you will then collate and compile the results into booklets for each department manager.
- Be responsible for proof reading, ordering, printing, and distributing all in-house communications including publications, posters, booklets, and flyers.
- Support with the filming of our video update communications. Please note that training will be provided.
- Be an active member of the Beaverbrooks Conference team and support with various elements of the event organization.
- Support and welcome our store colleagues when they visit our Head Office.
- Support department managers in organizing office colleagues’ visits to our stores.
The Ideal Candidate
It's important that the successful candidate has the following skills and experience:
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Able to prioritise and work under own initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately on several projects at any one time
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Power Point
- Experience of learning a new system/ web platform confidently
It's also advantageous if you have:
- Experience of using Adobe Creative Suite (e.d PhotoShop & InDesign)
- Previous experience of using content management systems
- Basic HTML experience
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
Established in 1919 we now have 72 stores across the UK and an ecommerce website, which was launched in 2001. We provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
Our purpose is to enrich lives, which simply means making a positive difference to the world we live in. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £16 million to over 750 different charities.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities and in support of this we offer charity matching – you raise it, we match it! You can also take 2 paid charity days per year where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work and take time off to give blood.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Holidays are 28 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends.
- Wellbeing scheme
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Free eye test every 2 years
- Flu Vaccinations paid for
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Maternity return to work bonus
- Paternity Leave
- Employee & family support & counselling – Retail Trust
- Cycle scheme
If you would like to know more about Beaverbrooks, visit https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/about-us
The Hallmark of Amazing People