Junior IT Developer
Job Title: Junior IT Developer
Contract: 40 hours per week, 8:30am-17:00pm Monday to Friday. This position will require flexibility to provide out of hours support, as the department requires.
Location: Lytham St. Annes
Close date: 19th May
Interviews: w/c 28th May
We have a fantastic opportunity for a self-motivated, driven and enthusiastic individual to join our growing IT department at our Head Office in Lytham St. Annes. This opportunity is suitable for both graduates & non-graduates with a desire to pursue, or further progress, a career as a SQL/.Net Developer.
As our Junior Developer, you will report to the IT Development & Integration Manager and will be responsible for: improving and maintaining the Company’s Bespoke solutions, supporting with administration of the various databases and production of business information using the data warehouse and business intelligence solutions. Working with the wider IT team, you will deliver projects on time and will support your colleagues with the knowledge transfer regarding application that you have developed.
More specifically, as the successful candidate, you’ll be responsible for:
- Assisting in the development of our own in-house point of sale
- Assisting in the development of a variety of other solutions also written in-house (e.g. timesheets and customer surveys)
- Identifying and resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Assisting in the integration and support of data transfer between systems
- Supporting with the administration of solution databases
- Helping to ensure solutions are secure and data is protected according to the company policy
- Documenting process flows and solutions
- Playing a key part in achieving the team objectives, working continuously to deliver efficiencies and lower costs
- Keeping the IT Development & Integration Manager well informed of the status of tasks and providing clear and realistic time scales
- Adhering to the best working practices as defined by industry standards across all areas of responsibility
The Ideal Candidate
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to communicate well & work with other team members, departments and our store teams
- Willingness to learn
- Recognised IT qualification
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Knowledge of some or all the following areas is ideal but not essential. Training will be given to the successful candidate.
- Visual Studio .Net Visual Basic and/or C#
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Transact SQL
- Reporting Services
- Administration, Security and Performance Analysis of a SQL database
- SSIS – Integration Services
- SSAS – Analysis Services
- Web Services Integration
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
From the very smallest details to the big important things. You’ll feel it in the warm and familiar way we talk to each other and you’ll feel it in the way we engage with the wider community, too.
As a company – we’re true to our word. When we say we’re going to do something, we go all out to do it. And every individual is truly valued.
Established in 1919 we now have 71 stores across the UK and provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £13 million to over 750 different charities.
We were awarded ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2018, and have featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 16 consecutive years – ranking number 10 in 2019. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2019, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.
The Hallmark of Amazing People