Office Cleaner and Maintenance Assistant
Job Title: Office Cleaner and Maintenance Assistant
Location Head Office, Lytham St Annes
Contract Length: 12-month
Hours: 20 hours per week. with additional hours as required. For further detail on working patterns, please see below.
Salary: £8.75 per hour (£9133.60 per annum)
Close date: Sunday 17th January
Interview dates: Thursday 21st and Friday 22nd January
An opportunity has arisen to join our In-House Service Team to provide support and assist the existing team in carrying out general office cleaning and completing minor maintenance tasks within our Office.
The core hours of this role will be as follows: Monday 9am- 2pm, Wednesday 9am-5pm and Friday 9am-5pm.
Slight flexibility to these working patterns may be considered and there may be the requirement for the successful applicant to work some additional hours as and when required by the business, especially in November and December.
In this role, you will enhance the experience of the office team and external visitors by providing excellent standards of cleanliness, hygiene, hospitality and maintaining our building.
Your key responsibilities will include general office cleaning duties, and completing minor office maintenance tasks, including:
• Ensuring the kitchen and staff room is clean, including fridges and microwaves and loading/unloading the dishwasher
• Cleaning, dusting, sweeping, mopping and vacuuming offices, corridors, toilets, meeting rooms and staff room areas
• Emptying bins and removing rubbish to the external bins
• Assisting the existing team in setting up and preparing meeting rooms, including cleaning and arranging tables/chairs and providing refreshments and organising lunches if required
• Completing minor office maintenance/repair tasks as necessary including (but not limited to) the following typical tasks: changing lamps, completing minor decorations, minor floor repairs, adjusting door closers, repairing/adjusting hinges, hanging frames, tidying external grounds and accompanying external contractors around the building as and when required.
You’ll also demonstrate flexibility to meet our business objectives, including covering your colleague’s duties during absence and holidays as necessary and supporting other departments when the business requires.
The Ideal Candidate
ESSENTIAL SKILLS / REQUIRMENTS
- Prior experience of cleaning and completing maintenance tasks in a busy office or retail environment and a good awareness of hygiene standards
- Full UK Driving License (the role may require collection of supplies and materials)
- Ability to prioritise duties
- Excellent team player
- Self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised in a busy office environment.
- Ability to undertake work of a physical nature
- Customer focused, helpful and willing to go “the extra mile” to support the office and its visitors.
- Being computer literate is an advantage but not essential.
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
Established in 1919 we now have 70 stores across the UK and an ecommerce website, which was launched in 2001. We provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
Awards include ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2020 as well as featuring in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 16 consecutive years – ranking number 9 in 2020. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.
Our purpose is to enrich lives, which simply means making a positive difference to the world we live in. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £15 million to over 750 different charities.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities and in support of this we offer charity matching – you raise it, we match it! You can also take 2 paid charity days per year where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work and take time off to give blood.