Job Title: Packing Assistant
Location: Lytham St Annes
Contract: Christmas Temporary Contract until 4th January 2020
Hours: 15 hours per week. (These hours will grow week on week throughout your contract overtime; full-time work may be required throughout peak periods. Shift patterns will fall during our department working hours of between 7:30am-10:30pm, Monday to Sunday (please see more details below)
Interviews: Thursday 14th November
We currently have an opportunity available for a hardworking and motivated individual to join our dynamic and fast-growing Web Fulfilment operation. The department oversees the delivery of all customer orders placed through our Website & Mail Order channels along with our Next affiliation.
The role will be based at our warehouse, with the role requiring you to be on your feet for long periods.
The role will be a minimum of 15 hours per week across standard weeks. Due to business needs, flexibility will be required as these hours will grow week on week throughout your contract with overtime. From 24th November through to contract end, working days will range between 3 days to 5 days per week (approx. 7.5 hrs per day), meaning that you could be working full time hours (37.5 hrs per week), or more depending upon order quantities.
Shift patterns will be published 6 weeks in advance.
You will be responsible for fulfilling customer’s orders in an efficient manner, ensuring our customers receive their order presented to our high standards and set guidelines in accordance with the specifications of the numerous brands we dispatch.
Duties will rotate between the following responsibilities:
- Picking items from our warehouse
- Matching items to the correct customer order
- Checking the condition of items prior to dispatch
- Following set packing guidelines
- Correctly processing order labels for dispatch as per customer shipping requirements
- Matching our volume targets to ensure all orders are dispatched on the required day
- Supporting with preparing orders for dispatch through our numerous carriers
- Ensuring all areas within the packing function and warehouse are kept in a safe and tidy condition at all times
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of and passion for, delivering excellent customer service
- Transferable skills and experience from similar fast paced, target driven environments
- Good rapport building skills and the ability to be adaptable
- Punctual, enthusiastic and able to work at a fast pace
- Highly organised and self-motivated
- Works well in a team but has good initiative to work alone
- Self-motivated, flexible and hardworking
- Ability to work with computers
- A keen eye for detail
- Proactive, with a ‘take action’ mindset
All applicable training will be provided as part of the role.
About the Company
From the very smallest details to the big important things. You’ll feel it in the warm and familiar way we talk to each other and you’ll feel it in the way we engage with the wider community, too.
As a company – we’re true to our word. When we say we’re going to do something, we go all out to do it. And every individual is truly valued.
Established in 1919, this year we are thrilled to be celebrating our 100th birthday. We now have 72 stores across the UK and provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £13 million to over 750 different charities.
We were awarded ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2019 and have featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 16 consecutive years – ranking number 10 in 2019. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2019, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.