Project Manager - Retail Property & Store Visual Image
Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Property and Store Visual Image
Salary: £28,000-£32,000 per annum, depending on experience
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week (Monday-Friday 9am - 5pm)
Close date: 20th June ‘21
We have an exciting new opportunity for a highly driven and organised project specialist, to join our growing Beaverbrooks Property and Store Visual Image team as Project Manager.
This is an ideal role for an experienced Project Coordinator or for an existing Project Manager looking to join a growing retail business that has recently taken the top spot in the prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For list 2021! We are officially the Best Company to Work For in the UK and we’re beyond proud.
As Project Manager, you will work alongside the Head of Store Design, and collaboratively with the visual team, to deliver the operational side of both small-scale and large-scale nationwide store refit projects, from idea to completion. This is a fantastic cross-functional role which will involve working with both our suppliers and contractors, and our store, retail, and product teams, to ensure seamless planning, communication, and implementation of all projects.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment, and information.
- Break projects into achievable actions and set timeframes for these.
- Liaise with stakeholders to identify and define requirements, scope, and objectives.
- Assign tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management.
- Help prepare budgets.
- Analyse risks and opportunities.
- Support the team with the procurement of all assets for projects.
- Work alongside our Head of Store Design and our Display Manager to monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
- Use programs to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures.
- Issue all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement).
The Ideal Candidate
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proven passion for project planning
- Excellent project management skills to ensure efficient and timely delivery of all projects
- Excellent communicator and collaborator - the ability to nurture strong relationships internally and externally is key
- Highly organised and efficient – able to multitask and prioritise effectively
- Previous experience of managing project budgets
- Previous experience of working with both external suppliers and creative designers
- Previous experience of stakeholder management
- Adaptable and reactive to align with changing needs of a retail business
- A competent problem solver who makes things happen
- Driven by results and a constant desire to improve and get better
- Strong attention to detail
- Fantastic team player
- Previous experience of project management in construction or shop fitting
- Previous experience of store design
- Previous experience of working with project management programs
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
Established in 1919 we now have 72 stores across the UK and an ecommerce website, which was launched in 2001. We provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
As well as achieving the number one position in the prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For list 2021, and ‘Retail’s Best Company to Work For’ 2021, further recognition has also been received at The UK Jewellery Awards where we were awarded Employer of the Year for 2020 and at The Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.
Our purpose is to enrich lives, which simply means making a positive difference to the world we live in. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £16 million to over 750 different charities.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities and in support of this we offer charity matching – you raise it, we match it! You can also take 2 paid charity days per year where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work and take time off to give blood.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Holidays are 28 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays, rising to 33 days the March after completion of 2 years’ service.
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends.
- Wellbeing scheme
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Free eye test at every 2 years
- Flu Vaccinations paid for
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Maternity return to work bonus
- Paternity Leave
- Employee & family support & counselling – Retail Trust
- Cycle scheme
If you would like to know more about Beaverbrooks, visit https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/about-us