Purchase Ledger Clerk
We have a new opportunity available for a Purchase Ledger Clerk to work as part of our Finance Team.
Our ideal candidate will enjoy processing high volumes of invoices and completing statement reconciliations to ensure invoices are paid within payment terms. In addition, they will have exposure to all aspects of the Expenses Teams tasks to cover during busy and holiday periods. You must have excellent data entry and communication skills, be proactive and able to manage your own workload to tight deadlines.
This role will be based at our COVID secure office in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire.
The Purchase Ledger Clerk will report into the Finance Manager being involved in the following functions:
- Processing a high volume of invoices onto our finance system.
- General ledger invoice coding and postings
- Liaising with stores and office departments to ensure all invoices are authorised for payment
- Chasing up VAT invoices which have been paid on a pro-forma basis.
- Numbering and filing processed invoices.
- Performing supplier statement reconciliations and resolution of issues
- Monitoring the Finance emails and carrying out actions as necessary to clear the inbox.
- Supporting with reconciling paperwork received weekly from our stores to transactions processed through the tills during busy and holiday periods.
- General ad hoc duties to support the Finance department
The Ideal Candidate
- Demonstrate ability to process high volumes of invoice in a timely and accurate manner
- Experience performing statement reconciliations
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality.
- Demonstrate your ability to prioritise workload and meet objectives, working independently and as part of a team.
- Exhibit you are an integral part of a small team with a flexible and personable approach.
- Ability to build good working relationships
- Advanced excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables essential
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- A polite phone manner.
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
Established in 1919 we now have 70 stores across the UK and an ecommerce website, which was launched in 2001. We provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
Awards include ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2020 as well as featuring in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 16 consecutive years – ranking number 9 in 2020. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.
Our purpose is to enrich lives, which simply means making a positive difference to the world we live in. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £15 million to over 750 different charities.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities and in support of this we offer charity matching – you raise it, we match it! You can also take 2 paid charity days per year where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work and take time off to give blood.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Holidays are 28 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays, rising to 33 days the March after completion of 2 years’ service.
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends.
- Healthcare & wellbeing scheme
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Free eye test at every 2 years
- Flu Vaccinations paid for
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Maternity return to work bonus
- Paternity Leave
- Employee & family support & counselling – Retail Trust
- Cycle scheme
If you would like to know more about Beaverbrooks, visit https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/about-us