- Salary: Highly Competitive - TBC depending on experience and accreditations
- Benefits: Performance related bonus, Private Healthcare, Life Cover & Pension plan
- Location: Preston, Lancashire
- Contract: Full time, permanent
We are delighted to announce a fantastic opportunity available for an experienced Watchmaker to join the team at our ROLEX accredited service centre in Preston, Lancashire.
The service centre will undertake a full redevelopment with state of the art technology and machinery. We are at the start of a very exciting journey and there is opportunity for the right candidate to further develop their career.
Experience in servicing ROLEX watches is preferred but not essential. You must have worked with other Luxury Swiss watch brands. Full support to attain required brand accreditations will be given.
All candidates must have either BHI or WOSTEP accreditation. An individual with ROLEX accreditation would be highly desirable.
As one of the UK’s best employers we offer a competitive salary, pension, life cover and private healthcare.
The successful candidate will mainly be responsible for the servicing of modern and classic ROLEX calibres although other duties and responsibilities may include:
- Trouble shooting mechanical problems
- Servicing and repairs on a variety of luxury brands and their automatic and quartz movements.
- Carry out refurbishment of precious metals and stainless-steel cases and bracelets
- Achieve workload targets within agreed timeframes to contribute to achievement of department targets.
- Conduct and support training of trainee watchmakers and technicians for all aspects of watch servicing and repairs
- Develop and maintain in depth relevant brand and product knowledge
- Attend in house and brand training for personal ongoing development
- Maintain a high standard of work and keeping returns to a minimum.
The Ideal Candidate
- A graduate of a watchmaker programme with either BHI or WOSTEP.
- Experience in servicing and repairing Swiss luxury watches
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team.
- ROLEX Brand accreditation
About the Company
We are a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
From the very smallest details to the big important things. You will feel it in the warm and familiar way we talk to each other and you’ll feel it in the way we engage with the wider community, too.
As a company – we are true to our word. When we say we are going to do something, we go all out to do it. And every individual is truly valued.
Established in 1919 we now have 70 stores across the UK and provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as ROLEX, TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling and Tudor.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £15 million to over 750 different charities.
We were awarded ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2019 and have featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 16 consecutive years –ranking number 9 in 2020. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.