eCommerce Content Assistant
Job Title: eCommerce Content Assistant
Contract: Temporary 12-month maternity cover, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Lytham St.Annes
We have a fantastic opportunity for someone with a passion for digital and a desire to pursue a creative career within the fast-paced world of eCommerce, to join us here at Beaverbrooks Head Office as eCommerce Content Assistant.
As eCommerce Content Assistant you will report into the eCommerce Content Manager and will support a variety of content functions, including copywriting, asset curation and editing online content.
- Supporting the needs of the Content Team, working closely with the Content Editor and Manager to help produce online content
- Writing copy in the Beaverbrooks tone of voice- including production descriptions and titles, category and landing pages, customer service and other informative pages, the homepage, social channels and marketing emails
- Creating engaging and on-brand assets for digital channels- including the Beaverbrooks website, blog and social media
- Scheduling posts across social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Use the Web Content Management System to upload and edit online content (training to be provided)
- Supporting the team with the maintenance of online content, ensuring assets are kept up to date and fresh
- Providing administration support to the Content Team, helping to maintain production plans and compile reporting
- Supporting the eCommerce Content Manager with the co-ordination and planning of video shoots
The Ideal Candidate
- Experience of copywriting/ content marketing
- Minimum Grade B or above in GCSE English Language/ Literature or A-Level Grade C or above in English-related subject
- A natural flair for creative writing and a strong command of the English Language
- A keen eye for design
- Basic Photoshop skills
- Passion for online shopping and digital content
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and consistency
- Excel working towards deadlines and in a fast-paced, reactive environment
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Experience working within an eCommerce team
- Experience using a web content management system
- Experience of working with social media (scheduling posts and creating assets)
- Knowledge of jewellery, watches and fashion trends
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
From the very smallest details to the big important things. You’ll feel it in the warm and familiar way we talk to each other and you’ll feel it in the way we engage with the wider community, too.
As a company – we’re true to our word. When we say we’re going to do something, we go all out to do it. And every individual is truly valued.
Established in 1919 we now have 70 stores across the UK and provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £13 million to over 750 different charities.
We were awarded ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2019 and have featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 16 consecutive years –ranking number 10 in 2019. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2019, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.