eCommerce Technical Product Owner
Job Title: eCommerce Technical Product Owner
Salary: Up to £40,000 depending on experience
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Product Owner to join our fast-paced eCommerce Product team and support the ongoing strategic development of our platform. Working closely with our team of external engineers, you will lead all 3rd party eCommerce integrations, help shape technical solutions and act as an SME for the product.
Supporting our eCommerce Product Manager, you will assist with backlog prioritisation and advise on how best to adapt and evolve our tech stack in order to deliver the product roadmap, whilst continually seeking to enhance our Beaverbrooks customer experience at all times. Technical product/eCommerce experience is essential for this role, as is an obsession over perfecting the online purchase journey for our customers.
We are proud to have recently achieved the number one position in the prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For list 2021, in addition to being announced as ‘Retail’s Best Company to Work For’ 2021. It’s also our 16th consecutive year of receiving three-star accreditation for ‘world class’ levels of workplace engagement.
This role is based at our Office in Lytham St Annes but the team are currently hybrid working so opportunities to work from home can be discussed at interview.
As the eCommerce Technical Product Owner you will:
- help to convert workstreams in the product roadmap into detailed technical requirements, defining acceptance criteria and guiding the solution
- be the eCommerce business owner for new 3rd party/data integrations, guiding the implementation from inception to delivery and ongoing optimisation
- front technical discussions and act as an advisor to the rest of the eCommerce Product team, as well as the wider eCommerce function
- take part in estimation, sprint planning and other scrum sessions held by our external engineering teams
- own system architecture within the team, looking for ways to improve the data flow and integration with other systems such as OMS, ERP etc
- review and evaluate new software options, advising accordingly
- offer support with issues and incidents occurring on the live production site, helping to find a resolution and/or escalate as required
- help to co-ordinate 3rd party load testing and provide your own assessment on the results of these tests
- play a key part in improving online customer engagement and conversion, with a particular focus on the role tech plays within this
The Ideal Candidate
Essential Skills and Experience
- Technical product/eCommerce experience
- Hands-on experience of managing both 3rd party engineering teams and internal stakeholders
- Familiarity with Agile project management practices
- Experience with APIs
- A passion for online/digital
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Domain experience of the Hybris platform and associated business tools
- Experience with GCP or another cloud-hosting service
- eCommerce experience, particularly with multi-site setups
- Knowledge of SEO tech and core web vitals
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
Established in 1919 we now have 72 stores across the UK and an ecommerce website, which was launched in 2001. We provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
As well as achieving the number one position in the prestigious 100 Best Companies to Work For list 2021, and ‘Retail’s Best Company to Work For’ 2021, further recognition has also been received at The UK Jewellery Awards where we were awarded both Employer of the Year and Retailer of the Year for 2021 and at The Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.
Our purpose is to enrich lives, which simply means making a positive difference to the world we live in. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £16 million to over 750 different charities.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities and in support of this we offer charity matching – you raise it, we match it! You can also take 2 paid charity days per year where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work and take time off to give blood.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Holidays are 28 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays, rising to 33 days the March after completion of 2 years’ service.
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends.
- Wellbeing scheme
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Free eye test every 2 years
- Flu Vaccinations paid for
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Maternity return to work bonus
- Paternity Leave
- Employee & family support & counselling – Retail Trust
- Cycle scheme
If you would like to know more about Beaverbrooks, visit https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/about-us
The Hallmark of Amazing People