eCommerce Test Analyst
Working as part of our award winning, family-owned retail jewellers as eCommerce Test Analyst, you will be part of our ever growing eCommerce Team ensuring a customer journey that is just as unforgettable online, as it is in store.
As eCommerce Test Analyst, you will be the principal tester within the eCommerce team, playing a crucial role in the delivery of technical eCommerce projects. This is a fast-paced environment, with multiple projects running in parallel, offering experience in various key areas of eCommerce such as payment services, delivery, search and UI/UX.
You will be responsible for devising and executing the testing phase of these projects, helping ensure business requirements are met before new features are released to the website.
This role is well suited to someone who is methodical, has a high attention to detail and is passionate about providing a great customer experience. This is also a great next step for someone who has testing experience but is looking for more ownership and responsibility alongside flexible working practices.
This role is based at our office in Lytham St Annes, Lancashire although the team are predominantly working remotely at present due to Covid. Options for remote working going forwards can be discussed at interview.
- Responsibility for UAT (User Acceptance Testing) and regression testing of all major and minor releases to the eCommerce platform.
- Performing functional testing of new features and carrying out in-depth design reviews.
- Producing test plans and working closely with the Project Manager to ensure testing is completed within the timescales given.
- Working with the wider eCommerce team to help define the acceptance criteria for new features/projects.
- Assisting in all releases to the eCommerce application and conducting post-release training, in conjunction with the eCommerce Technology Manager and eCommerce Project Manager.
- Maintaining a comprehensive suite of automated tests and regression packs.
- Building strong relationships with the teams of our technical partners/ integrators, and with our internal IT team.
- Support with operational tasks including modifying configuration settings and investigating issues reported by colleagues and customers.
- Playing a key part in improving online customer engagement and conversion.
The Ideal Candidate
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 12 months + experience doing QA and/or UAT in an eCommerce role.
- Excellent attention to detail, accuracy and consistency.
- Highly organised and motivated.
- Have a proactive and logical approach to problem-solving technical and process issues.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- The ability to work closely within a multi-disciplinary team.
- A passion for online/digital
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience with the SAP Hybris platform.
- Experience of using an issue tracking tool, such as JIRA or Bugzilla.
- Knowledge and expertise relating to website development and design.
- A recognised testing qualification or certification is desirable but not essential.
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
Established in 1919 we now have 70 stores across the UK and an ecommerce website, which was launched in 2001. We provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
Awards include ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2020 as well as featuring in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 16 consecutive years – ranking number 9 in 2020. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2020, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.
Our purpose is to enrich lives, which simply means making a positive difference to the world we live in. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £15 million to over 750 different charities.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities and in support of this we offer charity matching – you raise it, we match it! You can also take 2 paid charity days per year where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work and take time off to give blood.
Some of our other benefits include:
- Holidays are 28 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays, rising to 33 days the March after completion of 2 years’ service.
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends.
- Healthcare & wellbeing scheme
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- Free eye test at every 2 years
- Flu Vaccinations paid for
- Enhanced maternity and paternity package
- Maternity return to work bonus
- Paternity Leave
- Employee & family support & counselling – Retail Trust
- Cycle scheme
If you would like to know more about Beaverbrooks, visit https://www.beaverbrooks.co.uk/about-us