Digital Designer/ Developer
Job Title: Digital Designer/ Developer
Location: Lytham St Annes
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Digital Designer/Developer to join our growing eCommerce department at our Head Office in Lytham St Annes. This is a fantastic role for someone with a passion for digital and a desire to pursue a creative career within the fast-paced world of eCommerce. As our Digital Designer/Developer, you will work within the eCommerce Content team, supporting the creation and build of all onsite content, as well as digital marketing assets
- Working closely with the Lead Digital Designer within the eCommerce Content team, you will support the creation and build of all online content.
- You will translate designs into HTML, creating inspiring content pieces onsite such as seasonal Style Edits and Gift Guides.
- You will be required to use your image editing skills to enhance assets and optimise them for use online.
- You will keep abreast of industry best practices for areas such as SEO, accessibility and mobile-first design, ensuring that these factors are considered in everything you do.
- Supporting and working alongside the Lead Digital Designer, you will be responsible for updating the website for key campaigns and trading periods such as SALE.
- You will act as a guardian for the website’s style guidelines, ensuring these are adhered to at all times.
- You will consider the customer’s experience and journey onsite, taking the time to review and improve this regularly (using Conversation Rate Optimisation strategies – training will be provided).
- You may be required to create variations of content for segmentation and A/B testing.
- You will be required to work collaboratively with brands and partners to ensure landing pages and web content are up-to-date and comply with brand guidelines.
- You will be required to support with the design and build of marketing emails, helping to steer design within the email team.
- You will work closely with the eCommerce Digital Marketing team and the eCommerce Trade team to ensure the website is trading at its full potential, supporting with reactive changes to landing pages etc.
- You will hold ‘customer service’ and ‘customer experience’ in the highest regard and ensure it’s a constant consideration when conducting your role.
- You will have a good understanding of the Beaverbrooks Customer.
- You will support other eCommerce and Marketing activities should the business require this
A portfolio of work would be advantageous
The Ideal Candidate
- Intermediate HTML/CSS coding skills
- Skilled at working with Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud (particularly Photoshop) or an alternative equivalent design programme
- Experience using a web content management system
- A passion for eCommerce, the customer journey and content
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Strong creative flair
- Keen eye for detail
- Excel working towards deadlines and in a fast-paced, reactive environment
- Experience working within an eCommerce team
- Experience using the SAP/Hybris web content management system
- A keen interest in the latest digital and social trends
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) rising to 33 days (including bank holidays)
- Outstanding staff discounts which extend to your family & friends
- Contributory Pension & Life Assurance
- BHSF: Health Plan
- Free eye test
- Regular staff events and occasions
- Charity matching- you raise it, we match it!
- 2 charity days per year- paid days where you can spend time away from the business doing charity work
- 2 hours off to give blood & £10 donated to charity
- Flu Vaccinations paid for
- Paternity Leave
- Employee & family support & counselling - Retail Trust
- Free parking
About the Company
We’re a family business. And you can tell that when you get here. It feels like family.
From the very smallest details to the big important things. You’ll feel it in the warm and familiar way we talk to each other and you’ll feel it in the way we engage with the wider community, too.
As a company – we’re true to our word. When we say we’re going to do something, we go all out to do it. And every individual is truly valued.
Established in 1919 we now have 72 stores across the UK and provide exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Tudor, Gucci and Vivienne Westwood.
We pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities. We donate 20 per cent of retained profits to charity and since the year 2000, Beaverbrooks has donated in excess of £13 million to over 750 different charities.
We were awarded ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2019 and have featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 16 consecutive years –ranking number 10 in 2019. Recently further recognition has also been received at the Retail Week Awards 2019, where we were awarded 'Best Place To Work'.