eCommerce QA Tester
eCommerce QA Tester - 37.5 hours per week
We have a fantastic opportunity for an eCommerce QA Tester to join the eCommerce department at our Head Office in Lytham St. Anne’s.
As Beaverbrooks’ eCommerce QA Tester, you will perform the testing of all technical projects, reporting into the eCommerce Technology Manager. You will be responsible for the crucial UAT phase of the project, ensuring that the solution meets business requirements, as well as satisfying our high standards for quality and performance.
The eCommerce team at Beaverbrooks are responsible for the ongoing development of the customer experience online, including functional enhancements, merchandising of the online product catalogue, maintenance of all digital content and the conduct of digital marketing, whilst continually ensuring the website conforms to industry best practices and achieves continual sales growth.
The role will predominantly involve the following:
- Supporting the delivery of technical projects and perform the testing of them to ensure they meet our acceptance criteria.
- Responsibility for UAT (User Acceptance Testing) of all major and minor releases to the eCommerce platform and supporting systems.
- Working with the eCommerce Project Manager and stakeholders to understand each project’s key deliverables and priorities; ensuring that these are considered during the planning and execution of UAT.
- Assisting in all releases to the eCommerce application and conducting post-release training, in conjunction with the eCommerce Technology Manager and eCommerce Project Manager.
- Building strong relationships with both the Test/ QA teams of our technical partners/ integrators, and with our internal IT team.
- Using your knowledge and experience, working in conjunction with the eCommerce Technology Manager to improve the quality and accuracy of our UAT, and the use of automated testing.
- Playing a key part in improving online customer engagement and conversion.
The Ideal Candidate
- Some experience of working in an eCommerce role is desirable.
- Experience of working with third parties.
- Knowledge and awareness of web technologies, architecture and software development.
- Has a proactive approach to problem-solving technical and process issues.
- Experience performing QA and UAT functions.
- Experience in test planning.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- The ability to work closely within a team.
About the Company
Beaverbrooks is a family-owned jewellery and watch retailer established in 1919 with 70 stores across the UK, providing exceptional quality diamonds, jewellery and watches as well as top name brands such as TAG Heuer, Omega, Breitling, Gucci, Longines, Bremont, Michael Kors and Vivienne Westwood. We were awarded ‘Employer of the Year’ in The UK Jewellery Awards 2017, and have featured in The Sunday Times Top 100 ‘Best Companies to Work For’ for 15 consecutive years – ranking number 11 in 2018.
We place a lot of emphasis on building strong relationships and caring for one another, and we pride ourselves on the work we do for local communities. We give 20 per cent of our post-tax profits to charity and have donated over £11m to over 450 charities since 2000. We also encourage our 900+ colleagues to support time-giving initiatives and all our people are given an amount to donate to charity as a team each year.